Develop sales dashboard
Votexa (formerly known as Club Logistics Services) wanted a better overview about their financial/company situation and their sales using a couple of live dashboards in PowerBL. These being:
- Live sales dashboard of E-bike battery’s.
- Live sales dashboard of car battery’s.
- Operational dashboard with daily, weekly, monthly and yearly summary of all sales and revenue.
- Forecast dashboard of E-bike battery’s.
- Forecast dashboard of car battery’s
I first had to advise them what insights might be interesting for them to monitor before consulting them how they would be able to stream data to PowerBI. Their data was initially scattered through different sources, which made it impossible for them to use PowerBI as you can only use one streaming dataset per dashboard.
- At first, I advised to them to create some middleware in Python which periodically retrieves data from different sources and combines them into a single REST call to send to PowerBI. This was because a multitude of different legacy SFTP and web servers were used by each of their B2C and B2B web shops.
- Eventually this python application was not necessary anymore as they hired me to streamline all of their data locally in another project (see Designing Hybrid cloud solution) to an on-premise NAS. This meant you could run SQL server locally that can connect to PowerBI to using PowerBI Enterprise Gateway and a Cisco ASA5506 VPN router.